Calling all scallywaggers & mermaid fanatics! The Boynton Beach Community Redevelopment Agency proudly announces the 6th Annual Haunted Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash! This FREE 2-day festival takes place on Saturday, October 21 from 11 am – 9 pm and Sunday, October 22 from 11 am – 6 pm.
Visitors, who are encouraged to attend in pirate, mermaid, or other maritime themed attire, will be immersed into the theme of the festival as they interact with a variety of roaming actors, street performers, and musicians. This family-friendly event will transform the downtown area into a bustling port reminiscent of the Renaissance era. Guests will be able to venture between Hobb’s Cove, a bustling old world port brimming with pirate superstitions of the shipwrecks off the coast of Boynton Beach and Merlandia, a mysterious oasis where the sirens of the sea lure you into the depths with their captivating songs.
This lively festival will provide attendees with nonstop entertainment, as the streets come to life with 12 stages of live entertainment, music, pirate reenactments, magic shows and interactive mermaid tanks. Visitors will have the opportunity to partake in a treasure hunt, mermaid pageant, costume contest, and many other activities. The event will also feature a Schoolhouse Spooktacular presented by the Schoolhouse Children's Museum.
- Magicians, Fairies, and Wheel Walkers
- Live pirate reenactments and Captain Jack with his crew of pirates
- A treasure hunt with many prizes
- March of the Mermaids & Mariners walking parade
- Kids' costume contest and Mermaid Pageant
- Continuous live music all day & night
- Live Mermaid Tanks• Mermaid grotto with mermaids in pools that interact with the children
- Pirate ship for kids
- Grub & Grog Row featuring food from local restaurants
- Face painting, crafts, games and much more